Wednesday, April 15, 2009

To Give Credit Where Credit is Due...

Okay, so in my month's (well, half-month) worth of autism awareness BLAHgs, I've mentioned a couple of times about crossing over the Bridge of Nevertheless. I need to give credit where it is due. That is NOT "my" terminology or idea. On December 10, 2001 - the day I found the information on the internet that pointed me toward autism - I received an e-mail (within a few minutes of finding the autism info) from Spirit-led Woman entitled The Bridge of Nevertheless. I still have it, although I can't currently locate it. (Don't ask!) Anyway, it talked about how when God allows things in our life, or asks us to do things that we don't want to do that it's okay to tell God why we're not the person for the job, it's okay to argue with Him as if trying to convince Him to choose someone else. But, in the end, it's our obedience that He truly wants and we must cross over the Bridge of Nevertheless.

I don't think I've ever gotten a more timely e-mail. It truly ministered to me that day & I've never forgotten it.

When I find it, I'll tell you who wrote it. But - just so ya know...it tweren't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment