Thursday, April 2, 2015


So, about a hundred years ago, around Easter 2000, I was pondering one day.  I’m pretty prone to pondering, and sometimes my pondering gets put onto paper.  On this day in 2000, I was pondering the crucifixion of Jesus.  I was thinking about what it must have been like for the legions of angels who had known Him since their creation.  I imagined a conversation between those angels and Father God during the crucifixion.  Now, keep in mind – this is my imagination, and probably not scriptural. Just how I imagine it might have gone…..

 

Can you hear the angels asking, “Why? Why, Jehovah, must Your Son die?  They’re humans, Lord, so full of sin! How, O God, can Satan win?  Let us go and take Him down, bring Him home, replace His Crown!”
Can you hear God answer, “Be silent! Wait! It is only their sin that I hate. Don’t you see that on this day, by His death, I’ve made a Way?”

“But, Lord, how? We don’t understand.  How can this be in Your Plan?”

“You see, My Son is a spotless Lamb. Remember My Promises to Abraham?”
“Why, yes, Lord, but You promised a King – One would come and His praises they’d sing!”

“That’s true, I promised they would be freed, but first, as a Sacrifice, my Son must bleed; for their sins must be atoned by shed blood – His Blood alone.”

“But, God, behold! Your Son is dead – a crown of thorns upon His Head.  He cried out to You before He died; why didn’t You rush to be by His Side?”
“Because My Plan is not complete. Soon, you’ll see My most awesome feat!”

“But, Lord, they’ve laid Him in a tomb; it’s dark and cold: a death-filled room!  They’ve sealed the opening with a stone. Oh, He’s in there all alone!”

Smiling, God said, “Be patient, wait – you will see I’m not too late!”
One day…two days…, “Gabriel, come!  Go and gently awaken My Son.  Roll the stone completely away, and when His disciples come looking say, ‘He is not here, but risen. See – the place where He lay is now empty.’     Tell them, ‘He’s living! He is not dead! Go and seek Him, forget your dread!  God’s Redemptive Plan is done – He’s resurrected your Lord, His Son!”

“Holy!” the angels began to cry.
"Holy, the Lamb Who came to die!  Worthy, the Lamb Who was slain, Who shed His Blood to wash man’s stain!”

God smiled and said, “Come Home, My Son. I am well pleased, My Will You’ve done.”

Then Father and Son in joy embrace.  They’ve given the Cross to the human race!

 

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment